Tip Jar

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

My car it left me

This country song is about a man who looses everything in a divorce except his self-driving electric car, which proceeds to leave him too.

Key of G
 
[G]Well I love my wife, my dog my home,
But [C]they all left me here alone,
The [D]day the divorce papers they [G]arrived,
So I thanked my God and the stars above,
That I [C]still had the keys to the car I loved,
And so I [D]took that electric [C]beauty for a [G]drive.

[G]I pulled in to my favourite bar,
And I [C]treated myself to a whiskey jar,
[D]Found the cars smart app on my [G]phone.
Then I sent my car a suggestive text,
and you will [C]never guess what happened next,
The [D]damned car upped and [C]left me here all [G]alone.

Chorus:
My car it [C]left me, it left me here [G]alone,
And the only thing I have left is this smart [D]phone,
Some [C]day I'll get it back, get my [G]life back on track,
But [D]today I'm going to [C]sit here and get [G]stoned.

[G]I got a ride back home with a friend of mine,
[C]Invited her in for a glass of wine,
[D]Found the door key and turned on the porch [G]light,
When I entered the house, the alarm went off,
I'd [C]swear I heard by old car scoff,
It had [D]changed the [C]alarm code, out of [G]spite.

(Chorus)



No comments:

Post a Comment