Tip Jar

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

The world-makers curse

A song I wrote about a yin-yang style concept that every action you take in the world necessarily has both good and bad aspects to it.

Key of C

[C]If I had a [G]dime, for every[Am]one of your [G]crimes,
Then [Am]I'd be a [G]poor man in[C]deed.
And if you had a [G]kin for every[Am]one of my [G]sins,
Then [Am]you would be [G]married to [C]Eve.
And you'd be [G]living in a garden of [F]apples and [C] snakes,
[G]Scratching your ribcage and [F]taking long [C]breaks,
Between making things [G]better and making [Am] things [G]worse,
For [Am]that is the [G]world-makers [C]curse.

If you gave me pure [G]gold for every [Am]lie that you [G]told,
I would [Am]have no [G]gold to [C]keep.
And if you [C]had a [G]dad for every [Am]face that I've [G]had,
[Am]You would be [G]Dolly the [C]Sheep.
[G]Made in a lab like a [F]poached egg in a [C]ring.
[G]Surrounded by cameras and [F]machines that go [C]“ping”,
As you make some things [G]better and some [Am]others [G]worse,
For [Am]that is the [G]world-makers [C]curse.

So [C]listen to [G]me before you [Am]go change the [G]world,
I'll [Am]explain how this [G]universe [C]goes,
All [C]causes have [G]effects that [Am]crystal balls don't[G] detect,
What [Am]tomorrow brings, [G]nobody [ ]knows.
Any [G]good that you can be [F]re-used for [C]bad,
But [G]don't let that stop you, or [F]make you [C]sad,
Keep making things [G]better and [Am]making things [G]worse,
For [Am]that is the [G]world-makers [C]curse.

Just keep[C] making things [G]better and [Am]making things [G]worse,

For [Am]that is the [G]world-makers [C]curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment