Tip Jar

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Tea for Two

I wrote this song about a widower looking back on a long and happy marriage.

Key of G

[G]I find [Bm]myself making [C]tea for [G]two,
I find [Bm]myself making [C]room for [G]you,
I find [Bm]myself with your [C]cup in my [D]hands,
I find [Bm]myself in the [C]saddest of [G]lands.

When I think [Bm]back to the [C]times that we [G]had,
There is a mountain of [Bm]happy and a [C]molehill of [G]sad,
Better to have loved and then [Bm]lost, than [C]never loved at [D]all,
A dead [G]poet once [Bm]said, [C] if I recall[G].

We had many good [Bm]years, [C]many more than [G]most,
Sometimes winning by [Bm]miles, sometimes [C]first past the [G]post,
For that I am truly [Bm]grateful, to the [C]heavens [D]above,
Which are [G]now making [Bm]room for the [C]one that I [G]love.

As the years go [Bm]by the [C]pain will get [G]less,
Framed photographs of [Bm]you, I will [C]hold to my [G]chest,
And the day it will [Bm]come, when by [C]body-soul [D]disbands,
And I will make [G]tea for [Bm]you, in the [C]happiest of [G]lands.

[G]I will find [Bm]myself making [C]tea for [G]two,
I will find [Bm]myself making [C]room for [G]you,
I will find [Bm]myself with your [C]cup in my [D]hands,
I will find [Bm]myself in the [C]happiest of [G]lands.

I will find [Bm]myself with your [C]cup in my [D]hands,
I will find [Bm]myself in the [C]happiest of [G]lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment